What to Bring
Nature Discovery Campers will need to pack enough clothes for the entire week.
Conservation Corps members will need enough clothes for 13 days of work and play with one laundry day near the middle.
Please mark all personal items with camper’s name. All items must fit in the foot locker. Upon acceptance to camp, each child will be given an updated packing list. Clothing and foot gear must comply with the Camp Dress Code.
- sleeping bag or sheet & blanket
- pillow & case
- jeans for horseback riding
- long-sleeved shirts
- closed-toe shoes for hiking
- closed-toe shoes for in camp
- dirty clothes bag
- underwear & socks
- swim suit (one-piece for girls; trunks for boys)
- swim towel
- toothbrush & toothpaste
- towel & wash cloth
- comb or brush
- medications in original containers
- reading book for free time
- sun hat and plastic bag for wet swimsuit/towel
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Absolutely no tobacco, drugs, alcohol, fireworks, lighters, weapons of any kind, other dangerous items, or electronics are allowed. El Ranchito cannot be responsible for jewelry and other valuables or articles left or lost at camp. Cell phones are not allowed and will be held and returned to campers on the last day of camp.
WHAT CAMP WILL PROVIDE
- insect repellent and sunscreen
- cot for sleeping
- cubby for storage
- fanny or day pack
- water bottle
- hand lens
- work gloves
- hand soap, bath soap, shampoo
- water shoes
- safety equipment for Conservation Corps